Summary of Sustainability Policies
We at SKIATHOS PALACE HOTEL are proud to be a sustainable accommodation, taking responsibility for our impacts on the environment, our employees and the local community, including:
- Complying with the legal requirements of environmental legislation and regulation.
- Setting objectives and targets, measuring progress and reporting our achievements.
- Preventing pollution and minimizing it by reducing the use of harmful substances.
- Using non-renewable resources like energy and water efficiently and making sure that we reduce the waste that we produce.
- Protecting and enhancing all our neighboring ecosystems.
- Raising awareness of our environmental commitments with our employees, customers, suppliers and the local community, encouraging them support our activities.
- Working with our suppliers to embed sustainable practices into our supply chain Employees.
- Complying with the legal requirements of employment and human rights legislation and regulation.
- Respecting our employees and their culture, traditions and providing equal opportunities for all.
- Treating our employees equally, regardless of their age, disability, nationality, sex, race, religion, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
- Ongoing training and professional development of all our employees.
- Training our employees on our sustainability policies so they understand and are actively involved in the achievement of our objectives and targets.
- Allowing our employees to join a Trade Union to meet up in working hours to discuss employment-related issues. If a trade union is not available, we allow them to form their own association and elect a spokesperson to discuss employment issues.
- Employing people mostly from local community.
- Maintaining a close relationship with our local community, ensuring that issues of their concern are discussed and resolved.
- Purchasing goods and services from local suppliers, wherever possible.
- Encouraging our employees to volunteer for activities organized by the local community.
Health and safety policies
- We provide, manage, and maintain a work environment that is reasonably practical, safe, and where health and safety risks are identified and all necessary preventive measures are taken to control them.
- We ensure proper facilities and resources for job well-being.
- We ensure that our staff are fully trained and fully understood their responsibilities, obligations and duties. He shall be provided with all relevant information, training, equipment and supervision in his duties.
Food safety & hygiene
- We strictly adhere to International Standards and the ever-present national and European food safety and hygiene laws and we place emphasis on the protection, in terms of nutrition, of sensitive consumer groups (children, pregnant women, elderlies, people suffering from chronic diseases).
- We always provide the necessary organization, experience and resources for inspection and control processes to ensure effective food safety management.
Quality in service
- We aim to maintain the quality of services at the level that we promise to our customers, using the best available technology and know-how for the business financial capabilities.
- We ensure that organized training in all staff is given, in order to gain quality consciousness and specialization in its work.
- We ensure that the agreed deadlines are met and always in accordance with the conditions set.
- We are planning all quality improvements on the basis of information coming back from customers in order to build strong co operations.
Some, have already complimented us...
Certificate of Excellence
The Green Key
TraveLife - Gold
Give us your feedback